Hello there

Introduce yourself and reminisce
jwilson56

Hello there

Post by jwilson56 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:51 am

Hi my name is John Wilson. I was the owner of an OSI C4P. I remember those early days of computer gaming. I also learned to program on that little machine. I wrote a couple games for Aardvark. One of the only games using the Tiny Compiler that was published was called Caterpillar. It was a Centipede clone. I also did an upgrade design for the C4P to stabilize the tape imput as well as boost it to 1200 baud (on a good day).

Back in those days if you wanted to game on a computer you had to write them yourself at times.

I would love to find a copy of Caterpillar and an emulator that ran it to show my grandkids.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Hello there

Post by dave » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:27 pm

Hi John,

Welcome to the board!

I too would love to see a copy of your caterpillar came. I'd also like to see a running version of the Tiny compiler, if anyone has one. . .

Dave

Steve Gray

Re: Hello there

Post by Steve Gray » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi,

Hello fellow C4P owner! I think I might have purchased your game, and may still have the cassette.... Welcome to the forum!

Steve
C4P+D&N floppy not working, 2x C4P not working, C1P not working, Superboard not working.
505 board, 610 board, Mittendorf board, TOSIE hacker board need testing, PicoDOS disk untested