just getting into this stuff!

Introduce yourself and reminisce
ianoid

just getting into this stuff!

Post by ianoid »

I recently picked up a lot of OSI software and decided to keep one of every item. So at this point, I'm more of a collector since I don't have any hardware! Of course I'd love to get some hardware- if I end up having space along with the rest of my giant classic games and computers collection. I spend a good deal more time at the forums at http://www.atariage.com which has a surprisingly diverse community and a classic computing message board. I also sell on eBay to fund my active collecting activities, but don't hold that against me.

I'm always happy to see an active niche community for the preservation and enjoyment of lesser known systems.
dave
Site Admin

Re: just getting into this stuff!

Post by dave »

Welcome to the forum! These systems to pop up on Ebay from time to time. However, if you're not entirely comfortable with possibly restoring nonfunctioning hardware, then you may consider following Vince Briel's progres on his Superboard II clone. It promises to offer a faithful OSI experience, but with available, brand new hardware.

If you do pick up an OSI machine, let us know here, and I'm sure you'll get some help getting it up and running.

If you are able, consider reading in the tapes using Ed's KCS utility or similar. If you are able to do so, I'd love to be able to archive the programs on this site.

Dave