My UK101/Superboard Simulation

Introduce yourself and reminisce
tjb101

My UK101/Superboard Simulation

Post by tjb101 »

I have been reminded that I should introduce myself here.

As a programmer of a certain vintage my first real machine was the Compukit UK101, bought as a kit in about 1980 I think. Nearly 40 years on I still have it and it was still working last time I tried (although that was a few years back now).

Although there are some good emulators around for this machine, I couldn't resist having a go a writing my own. I wrote it entirely in Java (so it runs just about anywhere) and the result is, I think, a very nice alternative to te usual WinOSI. Originally done as a UK101 you can change a few configuration options, install different ROMS and it should do an OSI Superboard II just as well - although I can't verify how good this is as I've never used the real thing!

The result, along with all the source code if you want to see how it works, and a few original games and samples cam be found from the website here: http://uk101.sourceforge.net/.

I'm still actively maintaining the code, so if you find bugs or find something it won't run do let me know and I'll be happy to fix it. I'm also slowly working my way through a pile of around 40-odd old cassettes of UK101 software (mostly commerial games or programs from magazines) with the hope of recovering and storing it all somewhere - at least somewhere other than fast-fading cassette tapes!

Tim.
dave
Site Admin

Re: My UK101/Superboard Simulation

Post by dave »

Hi Tim,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I have placed a link on the site.

Dave