Introduction

Introduce yourself and reminisce
TangentDelta

Introduction

Post by TangentDelta »

Hello.

I'm a vintage computer enthusiast and general electronics hacker/hobbyist. I've been in the hobby for around 7 years now, and it all started when my electrical engineering instructor gave me his old AIM-65. This got me hooked on the 6502 due to its simplistic architecture and massive community.

I've been wanting to get into some of the older minicomputers, the PDP-8 in particular, but there are so many reasons why it has been impractical for me to do so. Glitch got me into hacking on OSI hardware by showing me the 560Z processor lab board, and how (relatively) easy it is to get a full PDP-8 compatible setup going.

I have a simple OSI system built up from reproduction parts and pieces. I'm using one of Glitch's reproduction 502 CPU boards, small backplane, OSI RAM/ROM board, and a reprodction 560Z board with its own backplane and RAM/ROM board. I haven't gotten to dig too deep into the 560Z yet because I'm still in the process of copying the 560Z utility program source from the original listing.

I'll create a separate post under "Projects" with what I have so far!
Jeff

Re: Introduction

Post by Jeff »

Welcome aboard!

I'm glad to hear that you built up one of Glitch's 502 boards. I am in the process as well. Hopefully we can compare notes.

/Jeff