OSI C4P-MF

Introduce yourself and reminisce
harrywalter99

OSI C4P-MF

Post by harrywalter99 »

Hello,

I purchased a OSI C4P-MF in the late 70's in Christchurch New Zealand, it was my first commercially made computer that didn't come from plans in some electronics magazine. It was a 230 Volt version with 2 X 110V transformers wired together to help derive the necessary voltage. I eventually purchased a second floppy drive and memory expansion board using CMOS RAM taking me up to 48K. Single disk copy was a pain even though the floppies only stored about 80K bytes of data. I subscribed to Peek(65) until the end of its publication. I have started to build a C4P replica as well as Superboard replica. It is good to see that so many others are doing or have done the same. Great to be in such good company!

Thank you
Harry
Grant

Re: OSI C4P-MF

Post by Grant »

My first computer was a SYM-1 but I built a number of UK101 boards for it to expand the digital and analogue IO. I later bought a superboard but have recently bought a challenger 4P which will run the machine code monitor but I haven't got any further. I expect it should have basic on board and would need the correct monitor program to boot to basic on board but I am guessing there. How are you going with your C4P and superboard replica?

Grant