My intro

Introduce yourself and reminisce
hsnewman

My intro

Post by hsnewman »

I've been lurking here for some time, but decided to introduce myself. I'm Harris, and currently live in the Austin Texas area. I'm moving to Portland Oregon in a month or so.
I bought my OSI 600 in 1979 or so. I was in college on a very limited budget, but was able to save up $279 by starving myself. I remember having to get a cashiers check and my excitement when I received the Superboard II (I even remember the smell!) I had a used power supply for it, and it always got so hot I couldn't leave the OSI on unattended. I worked at TI and they had a computer club that offered a $10 PCB for a modem that directly connected to the phone line, so I bought one and built it, which allowed me to access the University's computer system from home!
Around 1985 I sold my OSI and modem, I still regret that today.
But I have a OSI 600D motherboard now and plan on building it up after I move, I have begun creating a BOM on Mouser for the OSI600D to allow easy ordering of all the components needed to build it. I'll have lots of questions for those who have already built one, as I'm not a whiz on electronics components.
See yall here!
Harris