Projects from 50 years past and the pandemic

Introduce yourself and reminisce
davisgw

Projects from 50 years past and the pandemic

Post by davisgw »

Hello,
While I was working as a new software engineer at IBM, and I was also attending Binghamton University full time and needed projects for my degree. My housemate at the time purchased a JOLT and I decided to design a vector graphics board powered by code on the JOLT and displayed on the oscilloscope I was designing....I got "A's" for everything and was permanently hooked on 6502 microcomputers. So I soon purchased a Rev B Superboard and began my project to expand it with an S-100 motherboard and adapter cards. It sat unfinished in my basement, along with two fire sale Rev D Superboards and two 610 boards, one bare and one partially populated.

Then 50 years later and the pandemic left me housebound needing things to do.....this forum has been invaluable.
See my projects progress on this forum....
Steve Gray

Re: Projects from 50 years past and the pandemic

Post by Steve Gray »

Welcome!
C4P working, C1P working. 600D Replica working, C4P+D&N floppy not working. 505 board, 610 board, Mittendorf board, TOSIE hacker board need testing, PicoDOS disk untested.
Scott Larson

Re: Projects from 50 years past and the pandemic

Post by Scott Larson »

Aardvark said in their newsletter that they had tried to design an S-100 adapter for OSI computers but discovered "there is no S-100 standard". Nearly every board worked slightly differently to where it wouldn't work so they gave up on the idea.