Hello from the UK

Introduce yourself and reminisce
ronin47

Hello from the UK

Post by ronin47 »

Hi All.

I'm Jon from the UK and have been in the computing sphere since the days of the ZX81, which was my first home computer, and at school we had an Apple II and later BBC Model B's.

After the ZX81 I had the obligatory Spectrum 48K, followed by a series of 8 bit, then 16 bit Atari's before sliding into the world of PCs. Somewhere in the middle I even had a Mattel Aquarius!!

I remember the late 70's and 80's well, there were so many computers coming and going at the time, and my friends had Tandy's, Commodore VIC-20's, C64's and seeing all manner of machines in the stores, it was crazy to lust after so many fantastic looking machines, only for them to vanish into obscurity in a matter of months after release.

Nowadays I collect and repair games consoles, 8 bit machines, 16 bit machines, and include in my resumé repairs to PS3s & PS4's.

I'm also an admin on another retro computing site :)

Mostly I collect 8 bit machines though, and managed to get a KlyBall 600 PCB from somebody over on another forum, from who I'm also getting a 610 mainboard at the end of the month.

I started building this weekend and have got this far:

PXL_20240107_162044630.jpg
PXL_20240107_162044630.jpg (3.18 MiB) Viewed 3744 times

I am still outstanding some components, some of which are on the way, and some of which I'll figure out when I need them.

I also have a set of key caps on the way over courtesy of Dave, Dave, for which I am very grateful.

Very much looking forward to getting it built :)
dave
Site Admin

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by dave »

Welcome! Looks like a nice start. We look forward to seeing your progress.
Dave
ronin47

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by ronin47 »

dave wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:07 pm Welcome! Looks like a nice start. We look forward to seeing your progress.
Dave
Thanks Dave.

Following progress of the keycaps you sent me daily :)