600 rev B on eBay

Post here to share listings on auction sites, classified ads, and other notices on the web regarding equipment on offer.
BillO

600 rev B on eBay

Post by BillO »

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Ohio-Sc ... rk:46:pf:0

A bit on the pricey side though. A couple of key caps seem to have been replaced.
Box stock Superboard II Rev. B
KLyball replica 600D, replica 610 & KLyball Data Separator
OMS SBME and SBME+ memory cards
OMS Digi-Mule expansion bus
KLyball memory card
dave
Site Admin

Re: 600 rev B on eBay

Post by dave »

This seller, vintagecomputermuseum, is a veteran seller of vintage computer systems, and will maximize the price whenever possible. Although he claims he has no power supply, that's a bit hard to believe. If there were any way to show it working, he would do so. More likely, it's been tested and doesn't work.

However, the Rev B models are harder to come by, and this one looks to be at least in decent cosmetic condition, aside from the two missing keycaps. I agree it's on the pricey side.
BillO

Post by BillO »

Indeed. I bought a SYM-1 of him back in 2015. He had 2 of them and one came with some weird wiring harness attached to it. That's the one I bought because he accepted my offer at a reasonable price ($225 or so). The other one, much cleaner went for $499. All that aside, the add read "When powered up with a 5V power supply the power light illuminates"

So, yeah, he could test if it he wanted to.

The one I got did not 'work' when it arrived. It had some end-user EPROM in it and the default addressing jumpers had been changed. Once I undid the changes, removed the odd wiring harness and end-user EPROM it worked fine. However, he is a little misleading with his ads.
Box stock Superboard II Rev. B
KLyball replica 600D, replica 610 & KLyball Data Separator
OMS SBME and SBME+ memory cards
OMS Digi-Mule expansion bus
KLyball memory card
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

The Crystal is missing, also. So , No..it would not work if it was powered up.

/Jeff