Found some Tapes

Steve Gray

Found some Tapes

Post by Steve Gray »

Hi, going through some old boxes today I came across my old OSI cassette tapes! These are "originals". I knew I had them somewhere but they have been misplaced for probably 10 years.

I found the following:

OSI SCX-104 C2-4P/C4P Sampler (Six programs) 10-15-79
OSI SCX-107 Modem Routine C1P/C4P/C8P
OSI SCG-902 Lunar Lander C2-4P
OSI SCG-917 Bomber C2-4P
OSI SCG-929 Space War 8K C2-4P
OSI SCG-970 O.S.I. Invaders 8K (ASM) C4P
Aardvark Berrzerrk
Aardvark C2/4 Caterpillar
Aardvark Tiny Compiler (2 copies)

Is anyone interested in any of this? Anyone have a working system with tape drive?
I don't currently have a working system to test them, although I should be able to record them to wav file to back them up. The look to be in good shape but I don't know if the data has survived...

Steve
C4P working, C1P working. 600D Replica working, C4P+D&N floppy not working. 505 board, 610 board, Mittendorf board, TOSIE hacker board need testing, PicoDOS disk untested.
dave
Site Admin

Re: Found some Tapes

Post by dave »

Hi Steve,

I can make images of them, and would be glad to do so. I'm out of the country at the moment. let's touch base when I'm back in a week.

Dave
Steve Gray

Post by Steve Gray »

Great, thanks!

Steve
C4P working, C1P working. 600D Replica working, C4P+D&N floppy not working. 505 board, 610 board, Mittendorf board, TOSIE hacker board need testing, PicoDOS disk untested.
nama

Post by nama »

It's great to see the 2P/4P get some loving. Nearly everything available online was written for the 1P, so it will be great to have copies if these.

Thanks Steve and Dave

2P (1mhz 32k) - 502 + 8k + CEGMON + garbage collector fix BASIC, D&N MEM-CM9 + 24k, 540 (mono) [SOLD]
4PMF (2mhz 24k) - 505, 540, 527, D13 + 5.25" + Gotek
Superboard RevD - CEGMON + 610 board 24k + D13
Spares - 3 x 527, 1 x 505, Backplane
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

If you send me the WAV files, I can convert them to text. I am working on a program that converts the WAV to text

/Jeff
bxdanny

Post by bxdanny »

There is a program available to convert the Kansas City Standard tapes used by OSI to text: see http://www.netbay.com.au/~dxforth/#kcs
No current OSI hardware
Former programmer for Dwo Quong Fok Lok Sow and Orion Software Associates
Former owner of C1P MF (original version) and C2-8P DF (502-based)
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Yes, I am aware of that one. I wrote mine to "compensate" for poor waveforms.
Steve Gray

Post by Steve Gray »

Very busy lately. Sorry, I've been meaning to send my tapes to Dave but just haven't found the time yet. I'm also sending some disks to Philip...

Steve
jwilson56

Post by jwilson56 »

I would love to get my Caterpillar game so I can play it with an emulator. Also I wrote a small article for the Aardvark journal on using the Tiny Basic Compiler if anyone has a copy they could post. I made most of my OSI money on C4P mod plans
Steve Gray

Post by Steve Gray »

Wow, time flies. I had completely forgotten about this (again). With no working OSI system its been pushed aside....

I'm willing to ship the tapes and/or my disks off to someone that can archive them. I haven't looked a them for a while so no idea what state they are in....

Steve