how to made os65 floppy image ?

bxdanny

Re: how to made os65 floppy image ?

Post by bxdanny »

Wow! All I can say is, thanks again Mark for all your effort.
No current OSI hardware
Former programmer for Dwo Quong Fok Lok Sow and Orion Software Associates
Former owner of C1P MF (original version) and C2-8P DF (502-based)
Mark

Re: how to made os65 floppy image ?

Post by Mark »

You're welcome!

And.... you'll never guess.... yes, made another bug fix version V1.6.9 which fixes running BASIC files from command-line.

(I wanted it to be easy to run OSI programs with the emulator without any expert knowledge, so it picks up configuration information from the folder names that are used or from a .cfg file with the same name as the osi file you are trying to run. The emulator even presses the keys necessary to cold-start the computer and start loading files from the serial port.)

So one thing I played with during testing was a disk image from Steve Gray named "DISK #11 HRG Boot (OS65D3.3 + hires).65d" located in the diskImage\C4PMF folder after installing WinOSI (older versions had a ".IMG" extension). If you boot that disk after enabling "Hires Graphics" in the System Configuration/Video tab you can turn on Graphics Mode/F8 and pretend you were fortunate enough to have an OSI541 video board in your system.

If you have Graphics mode turned on this OS65D version draws a rectangle on the screen at boot time. I had tried some of the programs in the past, but "PIXEL2" confused me. It seemed to generate BS errors whenever I used the keyboard. But then I tried using a joystick - tada you can drive the tiny blinking dot around the screen with the direction pads and draw by pressing "Fire". It's an Etch-a-Sketch

Graphics mode can also be used to watch your string memory fill at the end of BASIC since it displays RAM from $8000-$9FFF. Fun Times

If anyone has one of these board working (or can remember), I'd like to know how video was mixed at the end when color mode was enabled. Did graphics mode OR with 540 output? I expect the color of the 540 caused the 541 output to be the same color. --the emulator doesn't handle that yet. Also was there a soft-switch to enable video mixing? What address?

Thanks,
-Mark