DOS/65 improvements and additions

davisgw

DOS/65 improvements and additions

Post by davisgw »

In the last few weeks I have struggled with DOS/65 not booting on my Superboard with 6264 memory expansion. That problem has been resolved but I now realize that even though DOS/65 supports logical drives, some of the most important commands and functions do not. The documentation mentions this shortcoming for COPY, but I have experienced the same issues with MOVE also. Consequently my a single drive system I have created unbootable diskettes trying to use COPY and MOVE because they do not provide for a diskette change copying files from A to virtual drive B.

So I have a short wish list for DOS/65 on a single drive system.
- A COPY function that both copies from A to A and A to logical drive B, with prompts to allow a diskette swap and makes use of available memory.
- A DISKCOPY function with the same features as above.
- An ASM function that actually works reading logical drives...I could not get this to open a file.
- MOVE function with the same features as above.

Does anyone already have some of my wish list items and are willing to share? If not, does anyone have suggestions how to implement the changes?
davisgw

Re: DOS/65 improvements and additions

Post by davisgw »

Does anyone know how to contact Richard Leary, the author of DOS/65? I have seen his posts in various discussions, but none are recent.....
bxdanny

Re: DOS/65 improvements and additions

Post by bxdanny »

Have you tried sending him an e-mail or a PM through this forum? Search for "Leary" using the search box at the upper right. Then click on his user name in the results that come up, and you will see the options to send him messages. The e-mail option gets sent to the e-mail address that Dave has on file from when the account was registered, without revealing that address to you.
No current OSI hardware
Former programmer for Dwo Quong Fok Lok Sow and Orion Software Associates
Former owner of C1P MF (original version) and C2-8P DF (502-based)