Superboard repair

graeme

Superboard repair

Post by graeme »

Finally dug this one out. Has anyone seen this mod before, i assume that it is to change frequency to 50hz. The board itself had a wemon monitor don't know if they go together. On powering up full display of random character which flashes every 5-6 seconds. reset has now effect, any ideas.

Thanks
Attachments
P1010931.JPG
P1010931.JPG (2.36 MiB) Viewed 1906 times
IanB

Re: Superboard repair

Post by IanB »

graeme wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:38 pm Finally dug this one out. Has anyone seen this mod before, i assume that it is to change frequency to 50hz. The board itself had a wemon monitor don't know if they go together. On powering up full display of random character which flashes every 5-6 seconds. reset has now effect, any ideas.
The board looks potted in epoxy is that correct?
What pin and IC numbers are the mod wires connected to?
(This should indicate the function of the board)

Do you have any way of reading the Wemon EPROM?
There is no dump of the Superboard version of Wemon, only the UK101 version so that would be useful.
It would also confirm if the ROM still works as my superboard didn't boot due to a bad monitor ROM and bad RAM

Try removing all the RAM except for the Rightmost pair as 1K is enough for the system to boot and in my case one of the RAM chips was actually interfering with the bus preventing booting. (Try swapping the remaining two with another two if that doesn't help).