SOFTWARE

graeme

SOFTWARE

Post by graeme »

I have found a pile of 8" disks . Is there anyone in the UK with a working system that could read them, and make available to all .

disks are (sample only) os 65d,demo disk, os65u level1,os-dms education,os-dms general ledger,os-dms ap,os.dms ar,os-dms inventory,os dms purchasing,quotation/estimating,os-dms inventory2,c3 utilities,os-65u,ow-65u v1.2 lv3, etc Altogether 50+ disks. I am willing to loan a few to see if they are readable.

Graeme
dave
Site Admin

Re: SOFTWARE

Post by dave »

Hi Graeme,

Good to hear from you!

I just received a very interesting 8" floppy system fitted with relatively newer half-height 8" drives, as well as a similar stack of disks, including the UCSD p-system with pascal and fortran compilers, and more. We should compare notes. Unfortunately, I won't be able to evaluate the system until we move from our apartment into a house in May, but I plan to start archiving the disks then. If that hardware works, and nobody in the UK is able, then I'd be happy to archive them and then return them to you.

Best regards,

Dave
redrivi

Re: SOFTWARE

Post by redrivi »

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum. I have quite extensive experience with a c3 system. In response to your post that you found disk with no way to test them. Check out youtube under "ohio scientific". There is one post there with c3 system that appears to be operational. Maybe the owner can be contacted. With any luck the 74 meg winchester still works and actual programming can be dumped though the serial port onto a PC. Once there at least the code is preserved. After that any operating 8" floppy system could start recreating disk. If the disk drive work the disk you have could also be checked. I am in the process of trying to build an operating 8" disk system, but am a ways away from an operating system. I am interested more in getting OS65U up and running.

lot of luck

Redrivi