Updates to Peek(65) collection

dave
Site Admin

Updates to Peek(65) collection

Post by dave »

Hi all!

I have finally updated the Journals page to include links to all the Peek(65) scans, and am in the process of going through all the journals and making notes of the highlights. There's some really cool stuff in there, including:

* ROM BASIC fixes, tutorials, extensions
* C1P expansion and mods
* 1-wire Real time clock hack
* C1P true 32/64 character mod with guard bands
* Using various disks with OSI / OS65D, including the still-obtainable HD 5.25 and 3.5" drives!
* Various utilities, hacks, thoughts, rants, etc.

It makes for very entertaining perusal. If you want to see how different even the non-hacker OSI users of the 1980's were from other computer users, read the review of the Disk Doubler by a business user, no less, in the April 1984 issue (Vol 5, No. 4).

Enjoy!

Dave
Steve Gray

Re: Updates to Peek(65) collection

Post by Steve Gray »

Just had a chance to look at some of the issues. Lots of great info! Thanks for scanning and posting. I have some of the missing Aardvark journals but I'm currently fighting with the auto-feeder on my scanner. I hope to get them scanned and sent to you soon.

Steve
C4P working, C1P working. 600D Replica working, C4P+D&N floppy not working. 505 board, 610 board, Mittendorf board, TOSIE hacker board need testing, PicoDOS disk untested.