1979 OSI ad for color option (& sound & BSR AC control)

bxdanny

1979 OSI ad for color option (& sound & BSR AC control)

Post by bxdanny »

I decided to scan and upload this old ad I have, after seeing some discussion here about when OSI introduced their color video.

This is from the back cover of the June 1979 issue of Creative Computing (vol 5, no 6). The inside front cover was an ad for SWTPC, featuring a printer, two computers housed within terminals, and a pair of 8" drives, all sitting on or in wooden desks or cabinets which are sitting out in a grassy field (go figure). The inside rear cover is an ad for the company Personal Software, selling programs, for the PET, TRS-80, and Apple II, such as Micro Chess, Time Trek, and Electric Paintbrush.

The front cover featured a picture of Big Bird riding on a carousel, with the caption "Computers come to Sesame Street". The story, IIRC, was about the opening of Sesame Place in Langhorne, PA, an attraction that is still going strong. I no longer have the actual pages of the magazine, but I kept the cover.

As far as i can tell, this ad has not previously been posted here, or on Mark's site. If I'm wrong and it was, my apologies.
Attachments
OSIColorAd.pdf
(152.42 KiB) Downloaded 602 times
No current OSI hardware
Former programmer for Dwo Quong Fok Lok Sow and Orion Software Associates
Former owner of C1P MF (original version) and C2-8P DF (502-based)
dave
Site Admin

Re: 1979 OSI ad for color option (& sound & BSR AC control)

Post by dave »

This is great, thanks for sharing!

Dave