OSI-tems Vol V

bxdanny

OSI-tems Vol V

Post by bxdanny »

Here are the final three issues of OSI-tems.

At least, I think they are the final issues. At any rate, they are the last ones I have. I can't explain the odd dating (January, January/February, and April/May/June, 1983).

Somewhere in here I think I saw confirmation that there was a June 1982 issue, which would mean that I numbered Volume IV correctly. But I can't find that now.

Issue 1 is notable for the data on the then-new 65C02. Issue 2 was printed on a glossy paper stock for some reason, which did not result in the best quality output. Issue 3 was back to normal paper, and is more legible.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite the statement that advertising would begin to appear in the next issue (which may not have ever come into existence), there seem to be two paid ads in issue #3, on PDF page 5, and on the final page, the latter being from Intechnology itself, the store where our meetings were held, and where I worked. And despite the statement in that ad [which didn't actually have a price list attached] that the store had had its "best year ever", Hal sold the store not long afterward to Lee and Scott (mentioned in the ad), who converted it into a PC dealership called Skyline Microsystems. I was kept on until December, and in January went to work instead for Crescent Computer Systems in Harlem (described in Black Enterprise for May of 1985).

The club, perhaps ironically, met for a few months at Ugo Re's place of work, which was the AT&T Long Lines building. But when word of our BBS's content reached his bosses, he was told we couldn't meet there any more, and possibly to end his association with us altogether. And that pretty much was the end of OSUNY, the actual user's group, although my memory of the exact sequence of events is a bit fuzzy.
Attachments
OSI-tems Vol V #1-3.zip
(3.81 MiB) Downloaded 187 times
No current OSI hardware
Former programmer for Dwo Quong Fok Lok Sow and Orion Software Associates
Former owner of C1P MF (original version) and C2-8P DF (502-based)
pbirkel

Re: OSI-tems Vol V

Post by pbirkel »

Thank you for this great effort! Where did you upload these files (I don't see them attached)?
pbirkel

Re: OSI-tems Vol V

Post by pbirkel »

Oops. They're attached now :->. Nevermind ...