Premier Publication Manuals

Help preserve OSI history!! Please check here to see if you have wanted items, or post your wanted items here
tinplatepete

Premier Publication Manuals

Post by tinplatepete »

Hi all.
I have just joined the OSIweb site. I am in the process of rebuilding my UK 101, I have added Premier Publications” Encoder” and “Basic X Eproms”, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the manuals for Encoder and Basic X. I had them in the past but have forgotten the command syntax for them.
Thanks
Peter
mamorim01

Re: Premier Publication Manuals

Post by mamorim01 »

Hi Peter,

I too am fairly new to the forum, I found my way here looking for some info on an UK 101 which I have recently procured. I have scanned a few manuals recently, dumped some ROMs and forwarded them to Dave at OSIWeb for preservation. If you do not hear from him soon feel free to send me a PM, among this documentation there is a copy of the Encoder manual.

Cheers,
Manuel
tinplatepete

Post by tinplatepete »

Hello Manuel.

That’s brilliant. I have been looking for ages for these. If I don’t here for Dave soon I will defiantly get in touch with you.

Cheers
Pete
MK14HAK

Post by MK14HAK »

Welcome to the forum guys.
Awesome to get this Premier info at last it seems. I previously uploaded my ROMs to Daves site and have been hunting BASIC 5 manual for some time.
Do you have a sound card with your UK101 ? Perhaps you could add a hardware profile to your accounts ?
Cheers Mike

PS anyone know the syntax for the &PRNTUSG command in Premier BASIC 5
600RevB:16K,2MHz,64x32,470,CEGMON
SuperKit:502,540B,542B,CEGMON, 8" and 5" FDDs
Cards:PE IO,6522 D-A-D, AY3-8910,ProgramGraphics,Color,UK101
WIP:HexDOS,FDD Emulator
mamorim01

Post by mamorim01 »

Thanks Mike, lots of good info available here I reckon. Hope what I have managed to recover is useful to someone, and I will keep my eyes up for new material I can find.

I am afraid there is no sound card in my UK 101, a couple of neat addons soldered in by the original owner, but nothing on that front.
tinplatepete

Post by tinplatepete »

Hi Mike.
I think I have some info on Print using, I will hunt it out for you.
I was interested in your comment about a sound card, do you have any info on one. I am just about to build one from scratch as I cant find one anywhere.
When I get time I have a load of Premier Publications news letters from the 80s I will get uploaded if any one is interested.

Cheers
Pete
MK14HAK

Post by MK14HAK »

Last edited by MK14HAK on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
600RevB:16K,2MHz,64x32,470,CEGMON
SuperKit:502,540B,542B,CEGMON, 8" and 5" FDDs
Cards:PE IO,6522 D-A-D, AY3-8910,ProgramGraphics,Color,UK101
WIP:HexDOS,FDD Emulator
dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Manuel has uploaded an amazing stash of Premier Publications ROMS, along with manuals for everything, readme files, and photos. I'm turning the documentation into PDFs, and will otherwise ZIP up the package as he created it.

He also included photos of the ROMs in his system, which incorporates a ROM board to hold the original BASIC ROMS, freeing up 3 ROM slots for the new EPROMs. No schematics, but it will not be hard to whip up something similar, or place the ROM images into a newer RAM/ROM board.

The ROMs include:

BASIC4: enhanced saving and loading, high-speed cassette, named cassette directories
BASIC5: Screen control, CEGMON window control, print formatting
ENCODER: assembler/disassembler
TOOLKIT: tools for BASIC development:view/trace/find/replace/listing with pause (like "more" in unix), etc.
CEGMON: enhanced monitor ROM with improved screen handling and editing, improved machine code monitor, and more.

Should be up in the next day or so.

Huge thanks to Manuel!!

Dave
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

I'm also looking for any manuals for the Premier Publications products.

I have recently been updating the uk101 driver in MAME and without manuals it's difficult to determine what works and what doesn't. I'm particularly interested in the Mini EPROM board but can't find any information on how it remaps the existing sockets. I believe there are links to change configuration but need documentation. I see in another thread that someone has other documents/newsletters on ftp somewhere, is this publicly available anywhere?

Incidentally, I currently live about 10mins walk from the Premier premises in Addiscombe, Croydon.
MAME developer, mainly 70's/80's 6502 8-bit machines
Hardware: BBC Micro
tinplatepete

Post by tinplatepete »

Hi I have the info on the Premier Eprom board, as soon as I get a chance I will PM it over to you. What other Premier manuals are you looking for?