Premier Publication Manuals

Help preserve OSI history!! Please check here to see if you have wanted items, or post your wanted items here
Pernod

Re: Premier Publication Manuals

Post by Pernod »

tinplatepete wrote:What other Premier manuals are you looking for?
Anything and everything :) I currently have manuals for the ROMs BASIC4, BASIC5 and ENCODER so anything else you may have would be very useful, hardware or software.
Do you know anything about the dump of Word Wizard 3? It's an odd size so assume it's bad.

Looking forward to seeing what you have, thanks.
MAME developer, mainly 70's/80's 6502 8-bit machines
Hardware: BBC Micro
tinplatepete

Post by tinplatepete »

I am also unable to get word Wizard to work.

Over the weekend I will sort out some info for you.

Do you have any Premier Publications Software?

Also have you had a look at this site: https://github.com/jscrane/UK101
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

tinplatepete wrote:Do you have any Premier Publications Software?

Also have you had a look at this site: https://github.com/jscrane/UK101
Only software I have are the ROMs available here. I've been using the java emulator to compare behaviour with MAME, but looks like the one you linked to has some software that may be useful in it's repository. Need to investigate whether it's in a useful format.
MK14HAK

Post by MK14HAK »

The Word Wizard 3 bin I uploaded derives from a UK101 cassette version - hence what may seem an odd size. Not sure if a ROM version was released ?

WW3: http://www.osiweb.org/osiweb/osiforum/v ... ?f=4&t=304

Welcome Pernod. Please add a hardware profile signature.

Mike
600RevB:16K,2MHz,64x32,470,CEGMON
SuperKit:502,540B,542B,CEGMON, 8" and 5" FDDs
Cards:PE IO,6522 D-A-D, AY3-8910,ProgramGraphics,Color,UK101
WIP:HexDOS,FDD Emulator
graeme

Post by graeme »

Hi I would love the manuals for the disk controller board. I have a couple but the docs have long gone.

Regards Graeme
tinplatepete

Post by tinplatepete »

Hi Graeme.
Any chance of some close-up pictures of the controller cards, component and print side. I am looking to recreate one of these at a later date and I’m looking for as much info as possible. I am still looking for the manuals I have for one of these cards.
Peter
graeme

Post by graeme »

no problem it may take me some time to sort them out though as I am presently trying to down size the rest of my computer collection. I do have a lot of osi kit its just a case of putting my finger on the boards.I would like to get them up and running again but I know both are missing couple of ic's and I cannot remember what they were.

Regards Graeme
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

Having gratefully received info on the Premier EPROM board, does anyone having a manual for BASIC 6?
scalesr1

Post by scalesr1 »

Hello everyone, I just stumbled across this site, WOW!
I got a Superboard back in 1979 and it started me on what would end up being my entire I.T. career!
It was modded from new for an enhanced display (cant remember but perhaps 32 x something). I built lots of bits for it and would regularly make the drive from Chichester to Croydon at weekends to hang around at the premier publications offices. I built their disk controller and hooked it up to some 8" FDD which I had, their sound board, I had all the extended firmware and I modded the board to take bigger eproms which I used to combine all the code from the smaller 2k ones.
I still have it all here - well most. I ended up getting a 610 board to replace the memory board that I made and I remember sending my Premier Pubs disk controller and disks to them which they were going to mod to run 5.25" drives and convert all my software - sadly that's when they went bust and I never saw any of it again :-(
I would love to drag it all out and run it up at some point - even just to see the D/C/W/M prompt!
I should also have all the manuals somewhere though looking at previous posts it would seem that you have this covered now. I even got hold of genuine OSI manuals at one point - what a geek!
I used the Premier Pubs sound card to drive a Centronics 737 printer via the additional parallel port that it offered.
Those were really interesting times and it started me on what was to be my entire career. I moved to the BBC Micro and did the same with that, loved programming the 6502.
If I can find any docs I will scan and submit them.
Great work, keep it up.
dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Welcome to our board, and thanks for sharing your experience!

I'm in the process of putting up a lot more scans, including some premier materials. Any documentation would be most welcome.

Dave