DOS/65 Richard Leary

RichLeary

Re: DOS/65 Richard Leary

Post by RichLeary »

I have some material ready for your use and test.

a. First I am resending the DOS/65 V2.02 MONITOR .zip package. All the other software assumes that is the ROM rather than an OSI or other ROM. The documentation previously provided shows that after doing a reset the system can be booted by typing "Q". The ROM file is placed in the WinOSI folder and then specified in the configuration. HINT: Never power up or power down the system with floppies in a drive and with the door closed.

b. The file DOS65V2images.zip has two hex raw dump files for V2.1. After extracting them from the zip file convert them to binary disk images using tools distributed as part of WinOSI. Suggest file A become drive A and file B become drive B.

c. If you use RAWDUMP V1.01 it is essential that after use the system be reset with a cold boot. The current warm boot does not get the system working correctly. I am working on a fix and expect to have that tested in a couple of days.

Next message will have the V3 image. Remember that all the V2.1 utilities will work fine on V3.02.

Rich Leary
Attachments
C1 MONITOR V202.zip
(10.12 KiB) Downloaded 713 times
DOS65V2Images.zip
(130.92 KiB) Downloaded 762 times
RichLeary

Post by RichLeary »

My fault - there was a spurious character in the first line of the V3 file.

I apologize for any wasted effort on your part.

Here is the corrected file

Rich Leary
Attachments
DOS65V3Images.zip
(45.78 KiB) Downloaded 770 times
MK14HAK

Post by MK14HAK »

A tidy up of the version 2.01 dumps nearly done, plus ...
C4_DOS65v219.jpg
C4_DOS65v219.jpg (74.72 KiB) Viewed 7019 times
600RevB:16K,2MHz,64x32,470,CEGMON
SuperKit:502,540B,542B,CEGMON, 8" and 5" FDDs
Cards:PE IO,6522 D-A-D, AY3-8910,ProgramGraphics,Color,UK101
WIP:HexDOS,FDD Emulator
RichLeary

Post by RichLeary »

Very nice. While my move took a great deal of time and energy I'm starting to get some time to deal with software and hardware.

My C1P continues to operate well and in fact is the only OSI system I have working right now. I worked on my C4P that had not been used in decades. I made some progress and then a few steps back. Part of the problem is that the 502 board's had so many mods made to it over the years that getting it back to an OSI baseline is nearly impossible. I will post a wanted notice in the appropriate section for a blank 502502 replica board.

The video board works fine as does the keyboard and the power supplies. I had it working at one point sufficient to try my CM9. I got the memory on the CM9 working but not the disk controller. I actually think the disk controller problem was related to the 502 issues I was having and in particular in referencing the monitor ROM correctly.

Getting the C4 P working would be a major help because it is an 8 inch system. My disk cabinet for that system has one working Shugart 801 Drive and a second one from which the magic smoke escaped.

Too many things to do and not enough time.

Rich