OSIWeb.org wish list :-)

Help preserve OSI history!! Please check here to see if you have wanted items, or post your wanted items here
dave
Site Admin

Re: OSIWeb.org wish list :-)

Post by dave »

I believe OSI used shift-O as the rubout function. I can't remember if any of the software platforms actually used the rubout key.

Dave
RichLeary

Post by RichLeary »

My C1P uses the RUB OUT key but SHIFT-O is working for WinOSI.

Thanks!

Rich Leary
MK14HAK

Post by MK14HAK »

Welcome Rich.

I have created a DOS/65 topic under the Files (software, ...) section for further discussions

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=235
600RevB:16K,2MHz,64x32,470,CEGMON
SuperKit:502,540B,542B,CEGMON, 8" and 5" FDDs
Cards:PE IO,6522 D-A-D, AY3-8910,ProgramGraphics,Color,UK101
WIP:HexDOS,FDD Emulator
djones60

Post by djones60 »

I have this graphics board that was for my Superboard. If I remember right, you could toggle the Superboard into bit mapped mode and regular factory mode. But I can't find the manual anymore and don't even remember who original made it. I'm thinking it might have been Aardvark. So I thought I'd post some pictures and see anyone else has an idea or the manuals.

Thanks
David
DSCF2728.JPG
DSCF2728.JPG (1.1 MiB) Viewed 32899 times
DSCF2729.JPG
DSCF2729.JPG (1.1 MiB) Viewed 32899 times
Working OSI 600 Rev D with metal case
second 600 Rev D with PIA/Memory board and metal case, working status unknown
Mittendorf board for the Superboard - not working
Steve Gray

Post by Steve Gray »

I have this board. I'm pretty sure it's a Mittendorf board. Unfortunately I do not have the instructions for it.
http://www.6502.org/users/sjgray/comput ... r-back.jpg

Steve
C4P working, C1P working. 600D Replica working, C4P+D&N floppy not working. 505 board, 610 board, Mittendorf board, TOSIE hacker board need testing, PicoDOS disk untested.
djones60

Post by djones60 »

Thanks Steve. Yep it sure looks like the same board. At least now I have a name to search on. I'm still digging through any old stashes of manuals and stuff to see what I can find. You know how it goes when things and been in storage for years and been through several moves.

David
Working OSI 600 Rev D with metal case
second 600 Rev D with PIA/Memory board and metal case, working status unknown
Mittendorf board for the Superboard - not working
Steve Gray

Post by Steve Gray »

I just looked through some of my OSI papers and found a listing of my purchases. According to the sheet I paid USD$40 for a bare "High Resolution Graphics Board". It also says it was purchased at Aardvark, but also indicates it is a Mittendorf board. So, I added it to my web page:

Image.

Kinda interesting to see what things cost back then.
Please excuse my teen-age writing ;-)

Steve
C4P working, C1P working. 600D Replica working, C4P+D&N floppy not working. 505 board, 610 board, Mittendorf board, TOSIE hacker board need testing, PicoDOS disk untested.
dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Yes, that's the Mittendorf board. Thanks for the nice photos. If someone were to trace out the schematic, I could write something up about it, since I did a hi-res mod for my C2 that I think would be similar enough.

I imagine this circuit borrows signals from the video timing chain to sequence addresses to 1 port of a 2-port RAM; a data latch; and a shift register whose output can be OR'd with the OSI video shift register.

It would be great to reproduce one of these. Any chance of working with one of you to get one of these boards scanned?
dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Steve Gray wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 3:47 am I have this board. I'm pretty sure it's a Mittendorf board. Unfortunately I do not have the instructions for it.

Steve
Steve, It's been a while but I always enjoy browsing your 6502.org pages. Great stuff there--some really nice projects. I saw the color PET project on a Nuts&Volts cover at the local electronics store, and picked it up, but didn't have time to read the article. I didn't realize that was you!
Steve Gray

Post by Steve Gray »

dave wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 3:26 pm
Steve Gray wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 3:47 am I have this board. I'm pretty sure it's a Mittendorf board. Unfortunately I do not have the instructions for it.

Steve
Steve, It's been a while but I always enjoy browsing your 6502.org pages. Great stuff there--some really nice projects. I saw the color PET project on a Nuts&Volts cover at the local electronics store, and picked it up, but didn't have time to read the article. I didn't realize that was you!
Yes, it's a fun project for me. I'm slowly learning electronics on my own. I have so many ideas I don't know where to start sometimes ;-)

Steve