Discussion: What is a C4P-MF Worth & Why ???

Andis

Discussion: What is a C4P-MF Worth & Why ???

Post by Andis »

Hi All,

I will be posting my C4P-MF for sale on eBay, probably within a few days to a week. I'll post to the "eBay, Craigslist, etc" section when it is listed.

What really prompted me to post this topic was that, a potentially/partially working (non-working?) C4P-MF, sold for over $1200 on eBay just last week, which seems to be quite a bit. So I'm curious, are people buying OSI systems as "Collectables", that is all original stock equipment? Or is that what these systems are worth these days? Opinions?

I have an almost exact system, in almost like new condition (including the original shipping box), but I dropped in a new, modern PSU for my main system instead fixing the original PSUs. See: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=341 if you are interested (you may have to sign in to see the photos). I'm wondering if that approach hurt the value of my system. The system runs very cool, think the graphics look better, and is stable as a rock. I've burned in and tested the system twice for over 8 hours now and, I personally, am glad I went with the new PSU.

Any and All opinions are greatly appreciated. Here's to hoping a forum member ends up with it :-). If I didn't need every bit of cash, I'd just put my C4P up for sale in The Buy/Sell section (or if I had any idea what a Good and Fair price is)...

Cheers, Andy

p.s. Start Rant.. . I never planned on selling my C4P-MF, was going to play around with it in my retirement! But since a metal lathe sale I had setup fell through, I now need funds to carry me through for the next 3 months until I can get a pension. What a fricking Catch 22 :-( ...End of rant.
C4P-MF, 540 RevB-1/542, 527 w/12K, 527-RevA w/24K, 505-RevB
dave
Site Admin

Re: Discussion: What is a C4P-MF Worth & Why ???

Post by dave »

Hi Andis,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been put in that position. You are a valued member of the board, and I hope you find a way to keep it an stay involved.

I have proven quite bad at guessing how much these systems will go for. These things seem to fluctuate. If you do have to sell it, then I believe that it's better to show a working system with a brand new supply than a nonworking all original system, especially if you still have the original supply to throw in the box. It's been a long time since I've seen a working OSI system on Ebay, and at least a decade since I've seen a working C4P on Ebay. If your system is running and booting disks, try showing a photo of it running Adventure, with the disk light on.

Good luck,

Dave