Two rough-looking but apparently complete C1P's on Ebay

Post here to share listings on auction sites, classified ads, and other notices on the web regarding equipment on offer.
dave
Site Admin

Two rough-looking but apparently complete C1P's on Ebay

Post by dave »

This just popped up on Ebay. (not mine):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282852042176

Two C1P's in rough shape. At least one of them has a 610 board installed. The seller says they were in a barn and filled with acorns. They both look complete and fixable, but need a thorough wash. Cases may need to be sandblasted and repainted, or otherwise rust-treated.

Dave
gekaufman

Re: Two rough-looking but apparently complete C1P's on Ebay

Post by gekaufman »

I guess my superboard will have to remain naked :) I was hoping for the cases.

Despite numerous mouse droppings and damage they went for $300 (including the shipping).

- Gary
KRothermund

Post by KRothermund »

Ha! so ya'll were the ones bidding against me :( I have been looking for one of these for years and couldn't believe there were 2. I have not started work on them yet, but plan to clean both up and return them to their former glory :) I was really hoping to get them for less though, since they were kinda misposted (under networking instead of vintage computers).

Joined this board so I would hopefully prevent some costly-er mistakes when restoring :)
dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Welcome to the board. Keep us posted with your progress fixing them up. $300 is a pretty good price for a pair of C1Ps, even in rough shape.
KRothermund

Post by KRothermund »

I'm pretty excited about them :) I am looking to start by cleaning up the PC boards with isopropyl alcohol (99%)... I am thinking they are the normal fiberglass/epoxy. I remember one thing from electronics class a while back... do NOT use that with the older bakelite boards... bad juju :)

I really want to do a YouTube video, but that is something new to me as well, so hopefully I'll do it/them justice. It's one of the reasons I haven't started on them yet.

Thanks!
Keven
KRothermund

Post by KRothermund »

Realizing this is not the place to continue this conversation, I did want to post one last thing before I continue on in the appropriate place... I found what I needed in the previous comment in the Technical Report:

"Physical
The model 600 single-board computer is a single G-10 Epoxy circuit board containing a keyboard, CPU, BASIC-in-ROM, RAM, video display and audio cassette interface."