winosi 1.6.5 source code?

gfernval

winosi 1.6.5 source code?

Post by gfernval »

Hello:

Is available the winosi 1.6.5 source code? I use Windows XP and when run w_osi.exe
gives me the error "Failed to map GDIPlus functions. Please install GDIplus.dll to enable freesize"
I have tried several versions of GDIplus.dll (copying the dll together w_osi.exe) but the error persists.

thanks
Mark

Re: winosi 1.6.5 source code?

Post by Mark »

Hi,
WinOSI V1.6.5 and earlier required GDIPlus V6.0 (1.1) on XP, which is no longer available from Microsoft as of 2018 (who knew?). You used to be able to find it from Microsoft as part of the stand-alone PowerPoint Viewer 2003. GDIPlus is part of the OS on Windows Vista+ and can not be distributed. WinOSI only needed it to enable fractional video scaling, which is much slower than the other display modes. Use fixed scaling if screen refresh is too slow.

This problem has been corrected. WinOSI v1.6.6 now comes with GDI+ when installed on XP. Newer platforms don't require it. (Eventually this should be replaced with DirectDraw/D3D to take advantage of hardware scaling.)

As usual, there are a number of bug fixes in this version, the most important is a correction for the end of track marker generated by OSI DiskTool being read incorrectly making disk track lengths short in the emulator. This didn't affect older disk images from other dump utilities or disks generated by WinOSI. Additionally HD controller will not be enabled when color RAM is present, Joystick control is not lost when switching emulations, there are some drag & drop file support updates, and memory export fixes too.

Hope this helps,
-Mark

{update 1/21: Adding gdiplus for XP to the installer generated false Windows 10 Security notification by its presence; now corrected. :? }
Last edited by Mark on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
gfernval

Post by gfernval »

Thanks for the update, a question: is winosi 1.6.6 closed source?
hsnewman

Post by hsnewman »

I looks like the source is here:
http://osi.marks-lab.com/
Mark

Post by Mark »

I intend to make the current source available again eventually. I'm happy to send it to anyone who wants it now. Just PM me.
-Mark